Description:We are a husband/wife team who founded and have been running a small family farm for the past few years: Lost Mile Farm. We are ready for a bigger space and want to purchase a new home for our farm.
We grow heirloom and rare varieties of vegetables to sell at our local farmer's market. We use organic practices and grow in open air and high tunnels. We also have a small collection of animals including: two Dexter cows, three African Gray geese, handful of ducks, a trio of Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland dogs, two semi feral children ;) and a couple of cats.
We would like a live on site, although housing on site is not required, since we have an RV we could live in temporarily
- Water - we need access to water, preferably from a well or pond.
- Electric - we need access to power, though it is fine if it is at the road and we need to work to bring it on the property.
- Storage - it would be nice to have a barn or some structure to store feed and tools; although we can build this ourselves.
- Fencing - it would be ideal if there were fencing in place, but we can easily put in our own fencing.
Our preferred geography is the Spokane area since our primary income (my husband's new job) is located there.
Farm Business Type:
- Row Crop
Intended Farming Practices:
- Sustainable and Organic Practices